HOLIDAY BUYS: SWEDISH STYLE PART ONE
After checking some great books here and here, and then heading over to London to check out these gifts and these books, we thought we’d return to our at the moment home, Sweden for some christmas cheer. Of course no Swedish christmas list is complete without a visit to our favourite blue and yellow store, IKEA. So here are our favourite christmas decor and gift ideas from the land of Billy bookcases and delicious meatballs.
- Kallt – we have one of these and to make it even more christmassy, we bought some cheap baubles and filled it up, now when it’s lit, which these days given the lack of day light is most of the day, it looks like a big sparkly round christmas tree. Perfect for those who can’t fit in a real tree. Find out more here.
- Drommar – Because you can never have enough Swedish horses, this would make a great kitchen decoration or bake a cake in it, wrap a bow around it and give it as a gift. Practical, delicious and thoughtful. Find out more here.
- Snorik – If cake tins aren’t your kitchen decorating style then what about these gorgeous christmas shaped cookie cutters. Hang them on the tree, over the mantle or even add them to your wrapped gifts. Find out more here.
- Godis Mix – If I could get to IKEA right now, this set of 6 star glasses would be mine. Perfect for glogg (mulled wine), snacks, candles, flowers, anything at all, the possibilities are endless. Throw a set of these together with a bottle of glogg, some glogg spices and you’ve got yourself a gift anyone would want. Find out more here.
- Nysno Glass – While we’re talking glasses, these taller ones are pretty special too and would make a great gift wrapped up with a bottle of bubbly. Find out more here.
- Nysno Mug – Another adorable drink holder this time its the perfect choice for a delicious hot chocolate. Wrap this up with some cocoa powder, cinnamon sticks and marshmallows for a gift that’s gorgeous and delicious. Find out more here.
- Duktig – Not really christmassy but I couldn’t pass up these great soft toys. While there’s always talk in the news about the struggles to get kids to get right and know their healthy foods, this is a great gift for anyone with kids. Children learn through play so why not have them play with good healthy looking toys. Check out the fruits here and the vegies here.
Some really great products there but now I’m craving a trip to IKEA to stock up on some christmas goodies.
Images from IKEA.